If you really want to start a full time ministry, you must already treat it as a full time ministry.
Only you will know if the Lord has called you to this as ministry is a calling.
What would this look like? Well, here is a picture of what it could look like.
- You are working full time for the Lord so every morning you will leave your house to go out and minister to your local community. You will go door to door, not necessarily house to house but business to business, to introduce yourself as a minister who prays for people and God heals them and offer to pray for whoever you come across for whatever their needs are.
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15
- You may keep a prayer log with their names and contact information to continue to pray for them in your prayer time and follow up with them, telling them you expect a great report.
“That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?” John 12:38
- You will have business cards ready, printed with your name, telephone, email and website as well as New Testaments or Gospels of John ready to hand out. If you do not want to use your regular number you can setup a free Google Voice number that either rings through to your phone or simply forwards messages. If you do not want to use your regular email, you can setup a separate email account to print on your cards. You can stamp your name and contact info or tape or glue your business card to the inside cover of the handouts so they can contact you or give your number to somebody else who needs prayer. Leave extra business cards.
- You will have a regular weekly meeting scheduled ahead of time at a physical space you can use, rent or borrow as a meeting place or online platform that you can invite the people who you meet to.
- As you minister to people, such a physical space may even be offered to you by someone you have ministered to. The Lord provides. Let Him know your needs and desires.
- You can leave them a flyer or print or write the day and time of your meetings on the back of your business card. It could start online on a regular weekly night and even turn into a weekly Sunday church meeting in person or online.
“Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Hebrews 10:25
- You may even offer to baptize people. Many people want to get baptized but for whatever reason never made the time or had the opportunity to be baptized yet feel an urgency to be baptized. You can arrange a pool or hot tub at someone’s house or at a hotel or you can setup a portable tub right on the street or market square or rent a booth at a flea market.
“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” Acts 8:12
- You will have a ministry website to share teachings and testimonies and be able to accept online donations and an address or PO Box where they can send physical donations since many people still prefer to send a check. If you don’t know how, you can hire people online for a small amount to set this up for you.
- You will pray non-stop in tongues between ministering to people for the Holy Spirit to guide you to your next encounter.
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- You will be a laborer all day in the fields which are white unto harvest (John 4:35) and come home at night exhausted but you will feel good and fulfilled. Yet, you will follow up on prayer request over the phone, email, text or in person to all that ask of you.
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
- You will build a team (Life Team) of people whom you can disciple to in turn disciple others. These will all come out of the people you have ministered to.
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” Matthew 28:19-20
- Just as Jesus taught His disciples, you will teach them hands on in the field how to minister to others by activating them to heal others and get results. Some will even join you in your ministry outreaches and you can schedule special outreach events on the weekends at flea markets, malls, Walmart, etc. for new people to join and learn from you and from each other.
“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Mark 16:17-18
- You will not worry about money. Yehovah Yireh (Yehovah will see to it) will provide all your needs as the laborer is worthy of his wages. He is your provider.
“For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.” 1 Timothy 5:18
- Many will offer you money for their healing which you will refuse. You have freely received so freely give. If the Lord puts it on their heart to donate to your ministry, that’s fine, as long as they are not paying for their healing or to be healed.
“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” Luke 6:38
- To prepare for all of this you will do what it takes to become a CDHT (Certified Divine Healing Technician – Free Training) and an LTL (Life Team Leader) so that you are fully trained and are placed on the list for prayer request distribution in your area as they come in to John G Lake Ministries HQ. Many of these prayer requests will become your Life Team members.
- If you wish to become an ordained minister, you will want to enroll in DBI (Dominion Bible Institute) and go through all the courses. At a regular pace it will take about 2 years to complete the whole course and be eligible to be ordained which is half the time of a typical seminary. But you can take the courses at your own pace if you wish to speed it up.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
All of the above is not required to start your ministry and most can be added as you go. The only requirements to get started would be your calling from the Lord and to get out there and:
“… be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:22
Another excellent resource ESTABLISHING A HEALING MINISTRY (CD) by Curry Blake is available here.
How and Why I Entered the Ministry I Curry Blake
Franciscus M. Dartee
Grow in Faith | Walk in Power
All rights reserved. © 2021
» If you enjoyed this, don’t forget to like, comment and share! If this post has ministered to you and you would like to receive regular updates, please be sure to click on the follow button at the bottom of this page.